After I woke up being completely awake (doesn't happen very often...) I made some frosting for the cupcakes slash muffins (I don't really know what they are, haha). Of course (as always) it didn't turn out right so I improvised and mine turned out having this recipe:
Original recipe is from Annie's Eats but I changed a bit:
400g cream cheese
4 cups confectioner's sugar (Puderzucker)
1 package vanilla sugar
100ml cream (don't ask why, but according to my friend it still tasted good :) )
(for German people: 1 package Sahnesteif)
Bottom Layer for Muffins
200g white baking chocolate
2 egg yolks
- Let butter melt in a pan and let it cool down.
- Mix fluid butter with sugar, egg and flour, wrap in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for about 30mins.
- Heat up cream in a pot.
- Chop chocolate into smaller pieces and let it melt in the cream on low temperature.
- Let it cool and add the egg yolks.
- Heat up oven to 180°C.
- After putting cupcake cups into the pan, add the dough as a thin bottom layer.
- Pour chocolate cream on top.
Raspberry Muffins (main dough for 12 muffins)
3 tbsp baking powder
3 pinches of salt
150ml sunflower oil
(90g shredded hazelnuts -> I didn't add them due to allergies)
12 muffin cups
1. Mix flour with baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. Mix milk, eggs and oil separately.
3. Pour step 2 into step 1.
4. Wash raspberries and add carefully (with hazelnuts)
5. Pour mixture into muffin cups and bake at 200°C for about 25 min
Because it looked prettier, I put every muffin into a glass and poured my not-quite-right-frosting on top.
They ended up looking like this:
The recipe for the cupcakes is a mixture of different recipes I found.
Tip: They taste best when cooled!!
Everyone loved the cake (which is another reason why today was a good day). It made me very proud seeing that most of my attempts in baking fail miserably. Even though it didn't turn out the way I originally wanted it to it was really good (amazingly good) . It was the only cake that was empty at the end of the day (there were 6 cakes -- oooh yeah. including a store bought one).
Raspberry Cream Cake
2 tbsp warm water
1 pinch of salt
1 package vanilla sugar
6 tbsp sugar
(for German people: 2 packages Sahnesteif)
1 package of meringues
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix eggs, water, 120g sugar, salt, flour and cornstarch.
- Fill into a springform pan and bake for 30 mins.
- Let it cool down afterwards
- Mix curd with sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Separately mix whip the cream (with Sahnesteif if possible).
- Mix cream and curd and coat the cake dough.
- Smoosh meringues until they are all chopped up (take out 12 pieces for decoration) , sprinkle them on top of the cream mixture.
- and last but definitely not least: Decorate the cake as you like with the raspberries. You can put them on top and stick some at the sides or whatever you feel like!