Thursday, January 31, 2013

Be thankful

Thanks to a very good friend of mine I am trying to be more thankful.

He reminded me of how lucky I am to be who I am, to be able to do the things I want to, to be able to think about others, to be able to live the life I am living.


People need to take more time being thankful for everything they have. 

I was frustrated because on that day everything seemed to be going wrong. Literally everything. At least I thought so. I missed my train, my bus, wrote a bad test (at least I thought so - it felt so bad), let things fall down, spilled my drink.....

So what if I miss my train? I can take the next one ten minutes later. It doesn't matter if I come to school ten minutes later. I should be thankful I can go to school. Thankful I have enough money to use the train. Thankful my body is capable of running to the train instead of being sick. Thankful I am actually able to think about how much this missed train affects my life instead of thinking whether I will survive this day, get enough to eat and drink, see my family and friends.
Same goes for the bus. So what?
The test turned out a whole lot better than I expected. I should believe in myself more.
Oh well, things fell down and spilled. Keep it together felilu! Geeeez.

I am thankful for being healthy, having amazing family and friends, time (!), enough money to live a great life... (wow. I'm one of the 8%...).

Thank You God.

No comments:

Post a Comment