Saturday, January 12, 2013

Recipe: Waffles

This morning I woke up and thought "Gee, would I love some waffles today!". But unfortunately, just like my sister did, I had to realise that I barely have food let alone the right ingredients for the things my mind randomly comes up with...
Fortunately I have a room mate who also doesn't have everything but she has things I don't have and the other way around - so we get along ;)

So due to lack of ingredients I changed the recipe I found on the internet:

Plain ol' Waffles (enough for two people) :

150g flower
100g butter (I mixed in liquid butter to 50g of soft normal butter)
50g white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 pck vanilla sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp sour cream
3 drops of bitter almond flavor
1 cup of warm milk
1 pinch of salt

and even with mixing the ingredients I didn't follow the instructions. I was supposed the mix the milk, the butter and the eggs together first and then add the rest.

I did not read the instructions and just stacked the flower, butter, egg, sour cream, sugars, baking powder and salt on top of each other, made the dough with my hands and then added the milk. Don't ask. I guess I just can't seem to be able to follow directions...

I used a Tupperware product called the Quick Chef to mix the dough and the milk. It worked quite well. By the way - at the end of the month I'm having a Tupperware party at my house. It's going to be so fun! I will tell you how it went.

When the dough was ready I just turned on the waffle maker and tadaa - impressed my boyfriend who thinks I can't cook or bake ;) Ha! Told ya so.

Again there are no pictures because for one 
I wasn't planning on them to turn out well. 
And he said the recipe itself were more important 
than pictures....Sorry for that. Next time - I promise!

Edit: Here are some pictures  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment