Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Paris Kreativ

My sister's friend's mom told me about an absolutely amazing store in Paris!

Even though I have never been there - I can tell you: It's crazy awesome....

I really want to go to Paris now. It's a store called "La Droguerie" and she described it like this: You come into the store and see a whole row of thread, ribbons and yarn hanging from the ceiling - color coded - leading the way through to the back of the store where there are all kinds of vases and flowers hanging around. There are fabrics and little presents, things you look at and just think "I definitely need this....and I want this....and oh - did you see this one?"

They have stores all over France: Paris, Lilles, Rennes, Nantes, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseille, Nice, Lyon, Strasbourg...

(I might just save some time and travel way and just go to the one in Strasbourg...)

Address:
 9 et 11 rue du jour, 75001 paris
Opening Hours:
 Mon 2 - 6:45, Tue-Sat 10:30 - 6:45


Another really cool thing I found in Paris: "Sweat Shop"
They say it has "Berlin flair"...it is a little store - not wanting to belong to the Paris chic. You can rent sewing machines and get professional advice from well-known designers like an assistant from Sonja Rykiel. They also have little craft kits with premade material that you can buy and finish or give someone else as a present.

Address:
 13, rue Lucien Sampaix
75010 Paris
Opening Hours:
 Mon closed, Tue & Thu 1-9pm, Wed, Sat, Sun 1-7pm


And for further Paris tips: OutOfPeonies has great ones for a whole trip including a map with the locations!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment